21 November 2014

Poison

Life is tricky.
I think mostly people are doing the best they can with what they have.
But I do think there are some people who are cruel.  Who intend to hurt.
I will never understand those people.  The ones who bully and cause pain.
As children it's one thing.  We can excuse it away by saying they didn't know any better.  But as adults?  How do we explain it?  How do we explain the behavior of an adult bully?  There is this huge anti-bullying campaign going on, which I love.  But bullying doesn't stop once you become an adult. Adults are better equipped to deal with it, and can choose who to surround themselves with a little more easily than teenagers.  Hopefully as kids grow and mature their behavior will change for the better, and they will become more aware of others' feelings and be more kind to those around them.  For some this happens.  But for some it does not. Some teenage bullies grow up to be adult bullies.  And some selfish, immature, cruel kids become selfish, immature, cruel adults.

I was never bullied in high school. But I have been bullied as an adult.  During college as well as after.  Bullied to the point of tears.  To the point of being scared for my safety.  I was lied about, called names, and had my physical property destroyed.  It was not ok.  It is not ok.  Not then.  Not now.  Not for me, or for anyone.

Most recently, I have had my integrity called into question by a hideous rumor.  A rumor that not only affects me, but also affects the lives and reputation of others connected to me.  I was shocked and appalled when I heard it, and even more shocked and appalled that anyone in their right mind could believe such a ridiculous and complete lie.  It is old news (apparently) but I am just finding out that this has been the story for a while.  It is a hateful, arrogant lie. And because it has filtered into my work setting, I have decided to publicly set the record straight.  I have never, ever come even close to having an affair.  Ever.  Not an emotional affair.  Not a physical affair.  Not even remotely anything that could even be construed as an affair. Knowing that someone would intentionally cause harm to me by fabricating details of this story is more than I can comprehend. Details like who the affair was with, which brings another innocent person into this horrific lie. It's cause was only to hurt.  Only to wound.  It is 100% not true.  It boggles my mind.  I simply do not understand what it would be like to feel so much hate.  And I am thankful that I will never carry that kind of poison around inside of me.

Thank you to those of you who have stood up for me.  Thank you to those of you who take the time to see what kind of person I am, and how I try to live my life.  Thank you for building me and lifting me.

I am at peace.  I know the truth.  And my integrity remains unadulterated.

2 comments:

Davis Nailz said...

The real issue is how they feel about themselves, not you, the ugly is within them...they don't like themselves therefore they try and drag down others with the hope that they'll feel better...it doesn't work, no matter how many people they attack in the end they are the lonely, sad, bitter, and ugly ones....I truly feel bad for people like that..what a sad way to exist. Love you Nikki ...you are beautiful ♡

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

Heather, love you!

 
Have Joy © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat