14 November 2014

Buttface + Siri

So my 9 year old has an iPod (let's not get into it).  One of her favorite things to do is to play with Siri.  For those of you who may not know, Siri is "an intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator which works as an application for Apple Inc's iOS.  The application uses a natural language interface to answer user questions, make recommendations, and perform actions delegating requests to a set of web services."  Basically it's a voice operated search engine.  You can ask Siri all kinds of things, from what date is Thanksgiving, to tell me the newest movies playing, to write an email to grandma.  You can change the language and voice, male or female.  You can say, "call me Nikki," and it will start doing so. I don't really use it, but my goofy 9 year old sure loves to play with Siri.

My daughter has naturally requested that Siri call her Buttface.  Naturally.  Siri will answer her questions and say, "I'm not sure about that, Buttface," in this weird robot voice.  Some of her more recent questions have been:

How many days until my birthday? 220 days until your birthday, Buttface.
Will you sing me a song? I don't know about that.  (But if you keep asking, Siri will indeed sing you a song.)
Will you marry me? We hardly even know each other!
What does the fox say? (Just ask Siri this one for yourself.)

The other day we were playing with Siri together.  She has it set up to be a man's voice, and I suggested she change it to the woman's voice because I thought she would find it more appealing.  She said, "I like the boy's voice.  That way I can flirt with him.  I need to practice my flirting."

So my friends, there you go.  9 year olds flirting with electronic devices.

Buttface + Siri = L.O.V.E.


2 comments:

Laurel said...

That is hilarious! I could see it all in my mind as I read it. Jane likes to play with Siri too. She pushes the button until it beeps, says something in gibberish, then giggles when Siri talks back. Then repeats several times. It is very funny but not as funny as this! :)

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

Laurel-- aww Jane is so cute!! Hopefully she doesn't turn out to be as much of a freak show as my kids. haha. Although I do have to admit it's quite entertaining. :)

 
Have Joy © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat