17 August 2009

Happiness is when...


Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. --Gandhi

I agree with this 100%. When we say things we don't mean, or don't say things we do mean, or do something that we know goes against our thinking or beliefs, we are unhappy. This goes perfectly with my thoughts about our last Q&A on stuffing emotions.

We need to be respectful of others' feelings and be polite to those around us, and we need to act in accordance with what we are thinking and saying in order to be truly happy.

I have decided to start making a conscious effort to make my words and actions congruent with my thoughts.

Good thing my thoughts are always positive. This will be a piece of cake. ::sarcasm::



2 comments:

Heather Scott Partington said...

Haha. Liar. I love that quote. It's going on my whiteboard for English class tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

Oh good! How did it go with the class?

 
Have Joy © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat