10 July 2013

Laughs in Your Face

Sometimes when you think you're finally past the hardest of it, life laughs in your face.

You guys.  LIFE LAUGHS IN YOUR FACE.

Life's all like, "hahahaha!  You thought I was done with you?  When are you going to learn?  I'm taking away your Dr. Pepper next."

And we're all like, "Whoa, whoa, Life.  Chill out.  Just give me a minute to breathe."

And Life's all like, "You're an idiot."

And then we cry. And then we read posts like this and laugh.  And maybe cry some more.

Sometimes life is kind of heavy. 

And that's ok.  We are building emotional muscles.  I'm pretty much an emotional bodybuilder at this point. 

But sometimes I wish I wasn't.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you post! This post really started my morning off right. I am sorry you are going through such a hard time, but if it makes you feel any better your blog always helps me deal with what I am going through. Thank you for that. Thank you for having such an awesome blog and an awesome sense of humor! You are awesome!

kristin maynes said...

Nikki, you popped in my head today so I came to see what was going on with you. I had no idea about your divorce. I'm so sorry! I will keep you and your sweet girls in my prayers. Hugs to you!

Kristin (formerly Simply Whimsy Designs)

HammondFam said...

I'm sorry to hear that life is hard right now! This was written a month ago, so I hope life is treating you better, and that you have been able to take a break from emotional body building! ;) I like how you put that! Our battles only make us stronger! I hope you feel stronger today! :)

Anonymous said...

Come back please! I miss your posts and humor. Hope life is going well for you. Hugs from California

Anonymous said...

are you ever posting again? i miss your blog, I have gone through similar things are you are such a light to me.

 
Have Joy © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat